Old September 6th 07, 08:26 PM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

Default Stand on the right - time to get rid of it?

On Sep 5, 6:15 pm, Paul Corfield wrote:
On Wed, 5 Sep 2007 11:00:15 +0100, Tom Anderson
wrote:

And another thing! Those little wheelie briefcases - BAN THEM! For
suitcases, fair enough, it's a sensible way to move them, but i see an
sizeable number of people, mostly but not exclusively women, with really
quite small bags on wheels which they drag behind them. We're talking
something the size of a suitcase or a small handbag, smaller than my
rucksack, which could quite easily be carried. They take up enough space
for someone to walk in, just so the dragger can be saved the effort of
actually carrying their possessions. Fine if you're somewhere with space
to spare, but if you're in the underground, that's just selfish. BAN AND
INCINERATE.

*applause*

they can be very dangerous as they are mobile tripping hazards and
people use them quite deliberately to carve a path for themselves. One
day someone will trip over one and end up under a train.

Absolutely. They are ridiculously dangerous, because they are
impossible to see in a crowd. I nearly landed on my face after
tripping over one just the other day.

I've also had my legs taken out from behind when someone does a tight
overtaking manoeuver while dragging something wider the space they've
just squeezed through.

Bikes and skateboards wouldn't be allowed to be used in such
circumstances, but at least they can be seen.