Old September 6th 07, 11:26 PM posted to uk.transport.london
mookie mookie is offline

Default Help me i'm a tourist?

"Mark Brader" wrote in message
Mark Brader:
Where'd you make up that number from? It says here

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/assets/downloa...April-2007.pdf

that a single ride with OysterCard varies from £1.50 within Zone 1
(i.e. Central London) to £3.50 if you go from Zone 6 (i.e. Heathrow)
to Zone 1.

Bob Wood:
It also says that that same journey will cost only £2 outwith the hours
of 07:00 to 19:00 on Mondays to Fridays.

So it does! Thanks, I hadn't heard about that reduction. Still, there's
a large time interval when the higher fare applies.
--
Mark Brader | "This is a moral that runs at large;
Toronto | Take it. -- You're welcome. -- No extra charge."
| -- Oliver Wendell Holmes

PMFJI with a twist on the tourist question. I have a Chicago Card Plus
which is similar to an Oyster Card. I can use the one card for two people,
as long as I tell the operator (whether bus or Rapid Transit) who has the
card reader charge my card appropriately. Nowhere in Oyster's literature do
I see this addressed. So, would/can someone tell me if I can use one Oyster
Card for two people at a time, please? Thank you.

Rich