Old September 8th 07, 08:52 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Marratxi Marratxi is offline

Default Mysteries seen from the air

On 8 Sep, 06:40, Offramp wrote:
On Sep 8, 2:41 am, Tom Anderson wrote:

Now, somebody tell me why there's a factory in Croydon with a number
written in binary on the roof:

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&hl...82013,-0.12222...

Weird stuff. It looks like it's right next to the Tram stop so l'll
have a look next time l'm down there.
Binary makes me fall immediately to sleep - what are the two numbers?
I once heard that a building either at or near Croydon Airport has the
word NO written on so as to advise pilots that they are not
approaching Gatwick.

There used to be a gasholder at South Harrow with NO painted on the
side to indicate that it was near Northolt airfield and not on the
approach to Heathrow.