Old September 9th 07, 02:54 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Tom Anderson Tom Anderson is offline

Default Easy interchanges in London (Waterloo vs St. Pancras International)

On Sun, 9 Sep 2007, Colin Rosenstiel wrote:

In article ,
(John Rowland) wrote:

Colin Rosenstiel wrote:

There were other considerations at Euston. The original City & South
London platform at Euston was an island in a wide tunnel. They were
dangerous and have all now gone except at one of the Clapham stations.

Errrr.... two of the Clapham stations, surely?

Probably. I never go there and was writing from memory only.

I do, and can tell you North and Common are both still narrow island
platforms. South isn't. Don't know about anything south of there.

tom

--
The few survivors on ousfg's side ended up in a monastery of immortal
monks who yearned for a life better than street-fighting social groups,