Old September 9th 07, 07:15 PM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

Default Stand on the right - time to get rid of it?

On Sep 9, 6:19 pm, (Colin Rosenstiel) wrote:
In article , (Olof

Lagerkvist) wrote:
That last example is one of the worst I know in London, pretty much
an "I am lucky if I survive"-feeling. Doing it using Oyster PAYG
and having to get to the Oyster readers on the way adds some
further excitement.

It's been suggested elsewhere that the requirement to touch in when using
Oyster PAYG and transferring between LU and the DLR at Bank is no longer
necessary. Does anyone have chapter and verse?

I don't think it ever was. The speculation is more to do with why
it's there (ie the lift, which avoids the barriers when coming from
the street).

But as I found once, if you forgot to touch in at Euston, you can
touch "in" on the DLR at Bank before continuing your journey or, as I
did, exiting at Monument and being charged for a zone 1 journey rather
than the £4 penalty.