Old September 10th 07, 10:16 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Olof Lagerkvist Olof Lagerkvist is offline

Default Easy interchanges in London (Waterloo vs St. Pancras International)

Mizter T wrote:

On 9 Sep, 20:01, Olof Lagerkvist wrote:

St Enoch has been rebuilt and IIRC one more station (Buchanan Street?),
all other still have island platforms.

It's been a while since I've been in Glasgow but I remember finding
them slightly disconcerting too - not helped by the fact that, at
least as I remember it, there wasn't anything upright on the island
platforms - either to sit or lean on or simply for psychological
reasons (I could grab hold of that just in case!).

Before linking you to some photos I do just want to reassert that I am
a tough guy really... honest!

Yes sure, me too. Hm. Anyway, thanks for the links! I was in Glasgow
last year and I had exactly the same feeling about the island platforms.

And this platform at Kelvinbridge looks somewhat wider that the above
examples:
http://www.urbanrail.net/eu/gla/kelvinbridge1.jpg

Yes it is wider and does not really give the same scary feeling. That
station is also a little bit different because it is a lot deeper below
ground than the others.

--
Olof Lagerkvist
ICQ: 724451