Old September 11th 07, 08:08 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default Catenary in drayton park - moorgate tunnels?

On 11 Sep, 19:26, TheOneKEA wrote:
On Sep 11, 7:26 am, Mizter T wrote:

I'll guess not far - as aren't the traction systems interlocked so
that when a driver changes to third-rail at Drayton Park the
pantograph gets lowered. In which case the unpowered overrun line just
needs to exist for as far as the train could coast for until it ground
to a powerless halt!

The overrun line ends south of Highbury s/b platform.

I don't think any driver doing this would make themselves at all
popular, given the 10 minute service frequency that operates to and
from Moorgate in the Great Northern tunnels!

At least in this case the driver can switch to 750V DC and incur only
a medium delay, as opposed to running entirely off the juice.

Yes, stupidly I'd overlooked that! In which case it wouldn't be a
problem - in fact who else apart from the driver and pax would know
about it. Maybe it happens all the time!