Old September 12th 07, 11:23 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Weaver Paul Weaver is offline

Default Slow news day again?

On 12 Sep, 22:43, Paul Corfield wrote:
On Wed, 12 Sep 2007 21:20:08 GMT, "Richard J."

On Sep 12, 7:39 pm, "dB" wrote:
"Paul Scott" wrote in message

. ..

How many trains fail across the country in the course of a normal
day, resulting in pax detraining? Is it really as newsworthy as
the BBC seem to think?

Paul

In fairness, it is causing some very severe delays. It started
just after 9 o'clock this morning and is still going on now.
Considering that both White City and Ruislip have depots, I am
surprised that there are so few trains running between those
stations (and Ealing Broadway) in peak time this evening. They
can't have all the trains the other side of London; the westbound
service also came to a halt this morning because the trains were
stacking up. So where have all these trains gone?

Put away in depots after drivers refused to drive them "in the
interests of health & safety" after a bit fell off of one of them at
Holland Park this morning (here we go again...). And poor Bob Crow
is probably stuck in Brighon for the TUC Conferance!

Does anyone know which bit fell off? I hope it wasn't a motor again.

Not yet - more info in the morning I expect. If it had been a motor
there would probably have been a derailment with all that typically
entails. Given the line got back into service after the incident

Was it definatly back in service? It was suspended from WC to MA every
time I checked