Old September 12th 07, 11:35 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Richard J. Richard J. is offline

Default Stand on the right - time to get rid of it?

Clive Page wrote:
In message ,
Richard J. writes
At Montparnasse-Bienvenuë Métro station actually. It runs at 9
km/h instead of the usual 3 km/h. Stepping on and off a
travelator going at that speed would be hazardous, so they have a
transition area at each end where there are small rollers turning
at a slower speed. It could be tricky to use the same technique
for an escalator. There's a photo I took earlier this year at
http://images.fotopic.net/?id=40778626&noresize=1

I've been there several times but never found it working. Have I
been unlucky, or has it been taken out of use permanently?

You've been unlucky. It was working when I took the photo in April, and
I used it again in August.

--
Richard J.