Old September 15th 07, 11:39 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Edward Cowling London UK Edward Cowling London UK is offline

Default Immigration Heathrow

In message , tim.....
writes

"Paul Corfield" wrote in message
.. .
On Sat, 15 Sep 2007 10:53:19 +0100, Edward Cowling London UK
wrote:

I had my first experience of the new "Uk Border" style of immigration at
Heathrow last night.

I had no idea it was changing. It was already the worst form of
immigration "service" I've encountered anywhere in the world. Oh well,
one further reason not to leave the country.

You've never flown to the US then! It's the pits, makes the
UK controls look trivial.

I remember arriving in Philadelphia on a Sunday and telling the guy in
immigration I was coming over for business meeting on the Monday in
Wilmington, Delaware.

"Who's worth seeing in Wilmington ?" he asked. Without any trace of a
smile or humour.

Talk about promoting trade & industry :-) USA immigration officers
usually look and sound like ex night club bouncers who were sacked for
brutality !

--
Edward Cowling "Must Go - Politician to Heckle !!"