Old September 15th 07, 12:05 PM posted to uk.transport.london
tim..... tim..... is offline

Default Immigration Heathrow

"Edward Cowling London UK" wrote in message
In message , tim.....
writes

"Paul Corfield" wrote in message
. ..
On Sat, 15 Sep 2007 10:53:19 +0100, Edward Cowling London UK
wrote:

I had my first experience of the new "Uk Border" style of immigration at
Heathrow last night.

I had no idea it was changing. It was already the worst form of
immigration "service" I've encountered anywhere in the world. Oh well,
one further reason not to leave the country.

You've never flown to the US then! It's the pits, makes the
UK controls look trivial.

I remember arriving in Philadelphia on a Sunday and telling the guy in
immigration I was coming over for business meeting on the Monday in
Wilmington, Delaware.

"Who's worth seeing in Wilmington ?" he asked. Without any trace of a
smile or humour.

Talk about promoting trade & industry :-) USA immigration officers usually
look and sound like ex night club bouncers who were sacked for brutality !

Yep, that's it.

Whatever the problems with the organisation (and the
US has that too) at least the Brits attitude is pleasant
and they give the impression that they are making an
objective decision as to whether you are a bad'n or not.

The American's attitude is rude and if you are foreign they
have already decided (that you are).

tim