Old September 15th 07, 12:40 PM posted to uk.transport.london
tim..... tim..... is offline

Default Immigration Heathrow

"Mizter T" wrote in message
ps.com...
On 15 Sep, 10:53, Edward Cowling London UK
wrote:
I had my first experience of the new "Uk Border" style of immigration at
Heathrow last night. After a long journey and 20 minutes in a holding
pattern the last thing you want is 15 minutes in a line. But that said I
have to admit I was impressed. There were about 6 lines f or EU
passports with the new uniformed staff on each line, with a few heavies
lurking in case of trouble. Every passport gets scanned and they do
actually look you over to see the picture is you. Plus I liked the no
nonsense approach.

Yes I could have done without the hassle, but it has to be done and they
seem to be doing a good job of it.

--
Edward Cowling "Must Go - Politician to Heckle !!"

I haven't really got my head around the changes but I don't think
things have changed radically overnight,

Apparently, the difference is that they are now no longer
allowed to decide not to check every person when the
queues are long. They now have to check everybody
and the queue length is someone else's problem to (not)
sort out.

tim