Old September 15th 07, 03:43 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Nick Leverton Nick Leverton is offline

Default Immigration Heathrow

In article ,
Barry Salter wrote:
Mizter T wrote:

...which sounds similar to what authorities in the US hope to do. I'm
not so sure they'll be massively successful in this endeavour, even
leaving aside the open border in Ireland. Are they scanning passports
of those coming off the ferries at all, as they weren't last summer?
How about Eurostar passengers, as they weren't doing that at Gare du
Nord when I went through there last winter?

Having travelled with Eurostar last week, UK Immigration (at Brussels)
were extremely variable. The female Officer who I saw was really
miserable for some reason, and didn't utter a word. Her male colleague,
sitting next to her in the booth, on the other hand was quite jovial and
chatty with those he saw.

Practising their good cop bad cop routine perhaps ...

Nick
--
Serendipity: http://www.leverton.org/blosxom (last update 9th Sep 2007)

"The Internet, an ersatz counterfeit of real life"