Old September 15th 07, 04:26 PM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

Default Worst postcode map - ever!

On Sep 15, 2:24 pm, "John Rowland"
wrote:
Bless 'em, they're trying to do something constructive with their spare
time, but they need some way of rooting out the rogue data. I think the
little enclave of RG (which is the Reading postcode) in the middle of
Streatham is my favourite bit.

http://dev.openstreetmap.org/~random/postcodes/

That's the big floaty one which is still visible when you zoom out.

Those seem to be wildly wrong all over the place, but I think the
individual postcodes when you zoom in are more accurate.

Then again ... not much more. Interesting that there's an SE08 as
well as SE8, an E32 next to E3, two E1Ws in different places, an E61
(wow). Not just in the wrong places, but they don't exist.

If it wasn't for the non-existent ones, I'd wonder if it was a simple
programming bug, and they'd all line up if it was fixed.