Old September 15th 07, 06:26 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Graculus Graculus is offline

Default Immigration Heathrow

"Edward Cowling London UK" wrote in message

I had my first experience of the new "Uk Border" style of immigration at
Heathrow last night. After a long journey and 20 minutes in a holding
pattern the last thing you want is 15 minutes in a line. But that said I
have to admit I was impressed. There were about 6 lines f or EU passports
with the new uniformed staff on each line, with a few heavies lurking in
case of trouble. Every passport gets scanned and they do actually look you
over to see the picture is you. Plus I liked the no nonsense approach.

Took 15 minutes through LGW last Tuesday at 11:15pm, which I thought was
disgraceful.

What are they doing that is so "new" and slow? I'm sure the new uniforms
don't make them work slower, and once I got to the front of the queue, they
simply scanned my passport and had a quick gander, exactly the same as every
other time through immigration in the last couple years. So why the wait?

Yes I could have done without the hassle, but it has to be done and they

seem to be doing a good job of it.

I could. At that time of night, I just want to get home (mind you, my taxi
was then 20 minutes late, so I was pretty ****ed off with them, too).