Old September 15th 07, 09:37 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default London Victoria Solari flap scripts

On 15 Sep, 21:27, Mizter T wrote:
On 15 Sep, 18:48, "Paul Scott" wrote:

"Mizter T" wrote:

(snip)

All in all whilst the WLL certainly appears initially to be ripe for
use by cross-London trains, in reality it's all a bit more
complicated. Indeed the current hourly(ish) Southern Watford-CJ-
Gatwich-Brighton service is under threat. The current plans appear to
extend it up to Milton Keynes - which is good, at least with regard to
connecting with WCML trains. However it will also then get truncated
at CJ - which is bad for those heading further south (yes they can
change at CJ, but the benefit to many such passengers is that they
don't have to change - especially those heading for Gatwick, plus the
change at CJ is very awkward up a steep and narrow flight of stairs -
not good with luggage).

The West London Line Group follows developments on both WLL passenger
services (i.e. Southern and Silverlink Metro) - in particular their
latest August newsletter contains details of these possible changes:
http://www.westlondonlinegroup.org.uk/

I think they're already out of date - isn't the latest idea in the South
London RUS to run to at least South Croydon?

Paul S

I don't know to be honest. Perhaps I'll try and pile through the RUS
to find out.

To my shame I realise that I have already asked what the plan was here
and Peter Masson provided an answer, having ploughed through the South
London RUS himself. It seems that running the Southern Watford
Junction/WLL service to South Croydon is the 'preferred option', but
there are other possibilities.

Here's Peter's reply in full:
-----
http://groups.google.co.uk/group/uk.railway/msg/b5d3d9b0a0dbefb7
-----
The South London RUS discusses this. The preferred option now appears
to be
to terminate at South Croydon, using the reversible platform. There
are
options to terminate the Watford Junction service at Clapham Junction,
and
extend the Willesden Junction service to South Croydon (or other
possible
termini).

Peter
-----