Old September 15th 07, 09:40 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Graculus Graculus is offline

Default Immigration Heathrow

"Edward Cowling London UK" wrote in message
In message , Graculus
writes

What are they doing that is so "new" and slow? I'm sure the new uniforms
don't make them work slower, and once I got to the front of the queue,
they simply scanned my passport and had a quick gander, exactly the same
as every other time through immigration in the last couple years. So why
the wait?

You can't complain, I had to wait with a bunch of teenage "Goths" just
arrived from New York :-) Now that really was hell.

Mind you I can remember when customs could often mean half an hour with a
stroppy official going through your case. As I usually travel alone I
always seemed to get stopped. These days you never see anyone in customs.

Is a no hassle EU walk through a good idea ? I'm sure the drug barons
think it's a wonderful idea.

Got sniffed by a drugs dog right as I was having my passport swiped anyway.