Old September 15th 07, 11:24 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default London Victoria Solari flap scripts

On 16 Sep, 00:10, "Paul Scott" wrote:
"Terry Harper" wrote:

On Sat, 15 Sep 2007 18:52:27 +0100, "Paul Scott"
wrote:

"Tom Anderson" wrote:

It would have been handy if, during the building of the Earl's Court
exhibition centre, they'd put in a new staion on the WLL underneath it,
and bunged in a foot tunnel to Earl's Court. Still, i suppose West
Brompton - Earl's Court isn't too bad a walk; is it an out-of-station
interchange, as Marylebone/Baker Street?

Surely no need to be because West Brompton has both District line and main
line platforms, and is nearly as close to the Exhibition Centre as Earls
Court station?

I would have thought that it was closer. Just across the road and a
small forecourt.

Its strange, I've often changed from WLL to District there en route to
Wimbledon and vice versa, but I've never been out of the station. Don't
suppose I'm missing much...

Paul

Brompton Cemetery
http://www.royalparks.org.uk/parks/b...tery/about.cfm
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brompton_Cemetery

A short walk to get to the heart of Chelsea (Fulham Road, Kings Road
etc). Also a short walk to get to the heart of darkness (Stamford
Bridge stadium).