Old September 16th 07, 09:08 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Neil Williams Neil Williams is offline

Default Immigration Heathrow

On Sat, 15 Sep 2007 09:41:26 -0700, Mizter T
wrote:

Of course the whole issue of uniforms is one that is surrounded by
many theories, and is a favourite topic of study by psychologists and
the like. Maybe the uniform does suggest to people (not least the
officers themselves) that they are taking things seriously/to be taken
seriously. Of course the cynic would suggest this change of image is
really for the benefit of the law abiding GBP* as opposed to those
wishing to break the rules

This wouldn't surprise me, nor would the theory that security and
immigration queues are allowed to get bigger because that shows that
"Something Is Being Done" (tm), while employing more staff and
improving procedures doesn't.

Neil

--
Neil Williams