Old September 16th 07, 06:05 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Recliner Recliner is offline

Default Immigration Heathrow

"tim.." wrote in message

"Tom Anderson" wrote in message
h.li...
On Sat, 15 Sep 2007, Recliner wrote:

I'm off to Canada on Tuesday, and in my experience they are
particularly friendly.

Immigration at Calgary was by far the most unfriendly i've ever
experienced. They were probably just having a bad day!

The one at Montreal was equally unfriendly.

Having ticked the "holiday" box on the form and told
him that I was on a "fly-drive" he actually asked
"why would you want to holiday here".

Are they trying to turn tourists away.

I was in Montreal on business a few months ago and the (female)
immigration officer couldn't have been nicer. And that was despite not
being a French speaker.