Old September 16th 07, 08:10 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Ken Wheatley Ken Wheatley is offline

Default 1938 Stock Tube Tours

On Sun, 16 Sep 2007 10:54:51 -0700, alex_t
wrote:

So, did anyone from this newsgroup attended the tour(s)? First
impressions? :-)

I was on the first trip, the 1039 Ealing Common - Rayners Lane -
Charing X - Stanmore.

It seemed exemplary to me. My car was not full, which surprised me,
but there were plenty on the train in any case. The train seemed very
lively indeed, and it seemed that it would have no trouble at all
keeping up with today's services.

The trip seemed very well organised. It was easy to pick up tickets at
Ealing Common and the operation of the train was good, too.
Turnarounds, such as the one in the Rayners Lane westbound, were very
smart by virtue of the driver becoming the guard for the next leg.

A good effort all round.