Old September 16th 07, 10:18 PM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] j.p.harris@talk21.com is offline

Default Transdev SO class buses / leather seats

On 16 Sep, 22:52, Paul Corfield wrote:
On Sun, 16 Sep 2007 13:51:44 -0700, wrote:

To my mind, leather seats (of the kind specified in public transport)
have a fairly spartan look compared to many of the bright moquettes
used and although they may offer a "wipe-clean" surface, they are more
prone to damage by scratching or other mistreatment / vandalism.
However, they are gradually creeping into many fleets now.

I might be out of date but the only fleets with leather seats are all
part of the Transdev (formerly Blazefield) group - Keighley and District
(single decks), Harrogate and District (route 36) and Lancashire United
(route X43).
--
Paul C

Transdev have certainly been trailblazers in this area but these
services are generally over fairly long distances into major
conurbations - route X43 into Manchester from Burnley, route 36 from
Ripon / Harrogate into Leeds etc.

National Express have specified that their operators procure coaches
with leather seats - first Scania Irizars and more recently the
Volvo / Caetano Levante model.

Other bus services I am aware of include Reading (Thames Valley Park
Shuttle), Lothian (Edinburgh Airport link), First Group in Plymouth
(park and ride), Trent Barton (their new Optare Tempos also have wood
laminate floors [1]), Arriva serving Teeside (Middlesborough
OmniCity), Travel West Midlands (new buses for premier line services).

However, most of these are premier routes or part of quality route
corridors.

Jonathan

[1] http://www.netescape-secure.co.uk/ne...seN.asp?ID=163