Old September 17th 07, 10:02 PM posted to uk.transport.london
alex_t alex_t is offline

Default 1938 Stock Tube Tours

Full of foaming-at-the-mouth trainspotters, quite a few of which I
suspect are frequenters of that awful District Dave's Forum.

Finally somebody said it!
When I came to Ealing Common the first thing I saw on the platform was
a significant number of typical trainspotters - you know,
freaks'n'geeks in anoraks. It was rather sad proof of stereotypes...

And before you reply, I want to explain - I'm not really into judging
people around me, the only thing that is really worrying for me is how
much I myself fit into this crowd. Overweight anorak with receding
hair line, making photographs of everything - it really got me
thinking...

OK, I can say to myself that I'm not really a trainspotter. I mean, I
can appreciate nice wooden interior of the train, but the real goal of
my participation was to have a glimpse at the running tunnels* - not
for the "technical" aspect, just to see creepy darkness, you know. I
spent about an hour in the driver's cab looking around, which was
fantastic! (if anyone from event organizers will read this - THANK YOU
SO MUCH!)

But still - it is scary to realize such things about myself!

The actual tour was rather nice though.

Indeed!