Old September 17th 07, 10:27 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Corfield Paul Corfield is offline

Default 1938 Stock Tube Tours

On Mon, 17 Sep 2007 15:02:51 -0700, alex_t
wrote:

OK, I can say to myself that I'm not really a trainspotter. I mean, I
can appreciate nice wooden interior of the train, but the real goal of
my participation was to have a glimpse at the running tunnels* - not
for the "technical" aspect, just to see creepy darkness, you know. I
spent about an hour in the driver's cab looking around, which was
fantastic! (if anyone from event organizers will read this - THANK YOU
SO MUCH!)

Oh the running tunnels are fun. Now what bits have I done in the cab -
all the Victoria line including to the depot, Northern Line - Edgware -
Kennington via Charing Cross and the City branch, Picc Line - Earls Ct -
Acton Town (I still have the bumps on my head from the track quality and
this was over 15 years ago), Met Line - Amersham - Baker St, District
Line Richmond Branch, Circle Line - HSK - St James Park, Jubilee Line -
Stratford - Waterloo including the crossover. Don't think I've done
any of the Central Line, Bakerloo Line or East London Line.

But still - it is scary to realize such things about myself!

Look you post to this group which means you are a train, bus, tube and
tram loony. There are also special sub variants of ticketing and
cycling loony.

You do realise that you can never leave this group and that you are
marked for life as a loony don't you?

--
Paul C