Old September 18th 07, 12:13 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Nick Leverton Nick Leverton is offline

Default 1938 Stock Tube Tours

In article ,
Alex Ingram wrote:
John Rowland wrote:

It's okay, you're just a trackbasher. Them trainspotters are the weird
ones...

Having watched at least one person follow their folder of specially
printed LU track diagrams in preference to looking out of the window I
may have to disagree!

Still, each to their own.

Or is there yet another designation for such folk?

There's a phenomenon known as microgricing, which is like track bashing
but involves individual crossovers and platforms - preferably keeping
track of the direction you were travelling and scoring it both ways or
(for bays) for both arrival and departure

Myself I still have a 1984 Baker. I might think about getting a new one
if I still went out track-bashing, but there would be too many closed
lines to ink in !

Nick
--
Serendipity: http://www.leverton.org/blosxom (last update 9th Sep 2007)

"The Internet, an ersatz counterfeit of real life"