Old September 18th 07, 06:25 PM posted to uk.transport.london
John Salmon John Salmon is offline

Default 1938 Stock Tube Tours

"Nick Leverton" wrote
There's a phenomenon known as microgricing

There is indeed. I *invented* that word, and I was responsible for
its first appearance in print - in an issue of Branch Line News
(publ. Branch Line Society) a few years ago.

, which is like track bashing
but involves individual crossovers and platforms - preferably
keeping
track of the direction you were travelling and scoring it both ways
or
(for bays) for both arrival and departure

I'm also one of the compilers of "Baywatch" (publ. Kentrail
Enthusiasts Group).

Myself I still have a 1984 Baker. I might think about getting a
new one
if I still went out track-bashing, but there would be too many
closed
lines to ink in !

I upgraded from Baker a long time ago.

I was on the LU tours - I was the one who mentioned having seen all
current LU passenger stock except 96663, one of the extra Jubilee
Line cars.

Sad really, but it's harmless.