Old September 19th 07, 02:58 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Olof Lagerkvist Olof Lagerkvist is offline

Default Shoreditch

Boltar wrote:

I was in the Shoreditch area today so I went to see what was happening
at the old station. The station building is still there but just to
the east its a major construction size. Looks like the cutting right
up to the station platform has been infilled up to street level now so
no chance of trains ever running there again! And unless they're going
to keep it for historial reasons I'd suspect the stations days are
numbered.

I walked around there too recently and took some pictures. I have forgot
to upload them to Panoramio until now so they will turn up on Google
Earth in a month or two, but here are some direct links:

Old station (Brick Lane side):
http://www.panoramio.com/photo/4755923
Old station entrance:
http://www.panoramio.com/photo/4756036
Infilled cutting:
http://www.panoramio.com/photo/4756007
The cutting further down towards Whitechapel:
http://www.panoramio.com/photo/4755987
Shoreditch High Street station construction site:
http://www.panoramio.com/photo/4755885

--
Olof Lagerkvist
ICQ: 724451