Old September 19th 07, 10:56 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Scott Paul Scott is offline

Default Universal PEDs was Number of tracks on the T5 extension?

"Tom Anderson" wrote in message
h.li...
On Wed, 19 Sep 2007, Barry Salter wrote:

Primary reason being that if the HSE thought that safety was their
primary purpose, they'd make LU install them at all the other deep level
stations, which'd cost a fortune...Doubly so when/if the stock is
replaced if the doors don't line up with the PEDs.

I had an idea about this. I was trying to think of a way to put PEDs on NR
platforms, where trains with pretty much any door geometry can turn up.

I'm just visualising that on the three platforms at Eastleigh - there's
seventy two sets of doors needed for the 12.450s... but at least their doors
are evenly spaced down the train. Then the 10.444 needs four permutations,
cos the doors are'nt the same position on all the coaches...

Yep I'm sure it'll be a goer, just need to get the DfT thinking about it...

Paul