Old September 20th 07, 10:53 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Jim Brittin Jim Brittin is offline

Default Shoreditch

I walked around there too recently and took some pictures. I have forgot
to upload them to Panoramio until now so they will turn up on Google
Earth in a month or two, but here are some direct links:

Old station (Brick Lane side):
http://www.panoramio.com/photo/4755923
Old station entrance:
http://www.panoramio.com/photo/4756036
Infilled cutting:
http://www.panoramio.com/photo/4756007
The cutting further down towards Whitechapel:
http://www.panoramio.com/photo/4755987
Shoreditch High Street station construction site:
http://www.panoramio.com/photo/4755885

Great photos, thanks for the links.

To stray slightly from Shoreditch, I looked at your others one of which
is titled 'Old Railway Viaduct' which shows old lettering on the walls.
I have occasionally wondered about this but seeing your photo made me
find out the history of this.

For anyone interested, this is a discussion about this on
http://www.london-se1.co.uk/forum/read/1/38487/page=1