Old September 20th 07, 08:33 PM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

Default 1938 Stock Tube Tours

On Sep 20, 8:51 pm, "
wrote:
On Sep 20, 3:37 pm, MIG wrote:

On Sep 20, 8:07 pm, "

wrote:
What lines did this stock run on ?

You mean 1938 stock in general?

At various times, Northern, Piccadilly, Bakerloo and East London Line.

Also, refurbished coaches on bits of the Central.

The last line it ran on as part of a large everyday fleet was the
Bakerloo, although I think a few trains ran more recently on the
Northern to cover for shortages or something.

I have no idea of the lines the stock used in the tours might have run
on; possibly several.

so i may have rode them my first trip to london in 1966-

By then I think they would have been covering the whole of the
Northern and the Bakerloo, and there would have been a few on the
Piccadilly. There wouldn't have been any on the East London Line yet.

I forgot to mention that they would also have been running from
Moorgate to Drayton Park in 1966, on what is now part of First Capital
Connect.