Old September 20th 07, 10:11 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Richard J. Richard J. is offline

Default Rotherhithe Tunnel

John Rowland wrote:
John Rowland wrote:
The interweb says that there are four shafts, but I can only see
three. Does anyone know if shaft 4 (the northernmost one) is still
there?
Incidentally, on the shot here
http://local.live.com/default.aspx?v...3373&encType=1
you can see that the Rotherhithe Tunnel Southern Approach has its
own bridge over the East London Line.

Incidentally no. 2...

When you're coming out of the tunnel at the Rotherhithe end, the
road splits into 3 lanes just before the roundabout , and the right
one is bizarrely marked "ROTH TUN'L". I imagine this is supposed to
say "ROTH STN" or some such.

It says "ROTH HTHE" (= Rotherhithe). It's easier to see on Google Earth.

--
Richard J.