Old September 20th 07, 11:38 PM posted to uk.transport.london
John B John B is offline

Default Rotherhithe Tunnel

On 20 Sep, 17:03, Mizter T wrote:
The other fact I like about the Rotherhithe Tunnel is that alongside
the 34,000 vehicles that use it daily there are 20 brave pedestrians
who walk through it! I've no idea if the pavement through the tunnel
is officially shared by pedestrians and cyclists, but certainly no-one
will begrudge those cyclists who do take this subterranean route for
cycling on the pavement (which is what they do) given the very narrow
of the roadway.

Both cycling and walking through that Tunnel are some of the more
bizarre entries on my hypothetical 'things I haven't yet done in
London' list.

Blimey, you mean it's legal to walk through it? Always assumed it was
strictly motorway-tunnel-style "no pedestrians, cyclist, horses or
stuff that's on fire".

Gotta try that [note to MI6: the walking, not the being on fire] next
time I'm heading sarf of the river...

--
John Band
john at johnband dot org