Old November 1st 03, 11:15 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Jack Taylor Jack Taylor is offline

Default Marylebone Enlargement

"Joe" wrote in message
"Jack Taylor" wrote in message
It won't happen until the new depot at Wembley has been completed, to

allow
some stabling to be transferred to there.

And when might that be completed? Aylesbury depot is still looking a
shambles. I saw 1 car of the 117 detach and pull off toward Quainton
yesterday. Quite an odd sight to see one of those again....

AIUI the groundwork is due to commence imminently and involves some
embankment construction to protect local residents from noise. However, if
it takes as long to complete as the extension to Aylesbury depot has taken
then don't hold your breath!!! That said, I had a look around the depot the
other week and the new wheel lathe (on 'E' road) is quite an impressive
piece of kit.

On a subsidiary topic (which you have raised before) I was told last week
that the installation of UTS gates at Aylesbury has now been cancelled due
to the cost.