Old September 21st 07, 12:15 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Scott Paul Scott is offline

Default "All change on the East London line"

"Mizter T" wrote in message
ups.com...
....so says the posters that have just gone up - accompanied by a
leaflet which contains a brief precis of what the ELLX project is, and
then gives details of the replacement bus services that will operate.
The leaflet claims it went to print in August, but I've only just come
across it.

See a PDF of the leaflet he
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/assets/downloads/East-london-line-closure-leaflet.pdf

A few observations...

(2) Why call the replacement buses ELC, ELP, ELW and ELS - it's
confusing! I guess the alphabetical routes are used as opposed to
numerical ones so as to avoid confusion with normal buses routes, but
I think EL1 - EL4 would have been a better choice. Perhaps the London
Buses division is very proprietorial when it comes to their precious
numbers!

/breaking the code:

ELC - Canada Water
ELW - Wapping
ELS - Shoreditch

ELP - should have been R for Rotherhithe? Is ELR already taken?

Paul S