Old November 2nd 03, 01:55 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Weaver Paul Weaver is offline

Default More Crossrail (South Western) options

On Sat, 01 Nov 2003 22:36:01 +0000, Robin May wrote:

Paul Weaver wrote the following in:
news
On Sat, 01 Nov 2003 11:00:16 +0000, Colin McKenzie wrote:
For example, several of my co-workers near Ealing Broadway seem
to live in the Swiss Cottage area. Unless they use a cycle to
replace non-existent interchanges, their fastest route is via
zone 1.

Yup, If I go to work avoiding zone 1, it takes 2 hours and 3 bus
trips (spit). Otherwise it's a 50 minute run via oxford circus
(one of the busiest stations)

An outer circle line on the zone 2/3 border would cut down a lot
of congestion

Doesn't that almost describe the North London line? I think the problem
with the North London line is that the trains aren't frequent enough
and there aren't enough interchanges with other lines.

Yeah, pretty useless for me, it would be Victoria walthamstow-highbury,
nll-gunnersbury, district-hammersmith, h&c to shepherds bush, then 800
yard walk to work.

If there were an interchange with the central at acton it might be worth a
look, still take longer then going via zone 1 though.