Old September 22nd 07, 01:46 AM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

Default 1938 Stock Tube Tours

On Sep 22, 1:56 am, (Colin Rosenstiel) wrote:
In article om,

(Mizter T) wrote:
One thing I've never been able to locate is exactly where are the
blocked off tunnel portals north of Drayton Park are, i.e. the start
of the disused tunnels that lead up to Finsbury Park.

They should be pretty well on the platform ends at Drayton Park.

It's a while since I've been that way in daylight, but they were
clearly visibile as you approached Finsbury Park from Drayton Park
when the "Great Northern Electrics" started running to Finsbury Park
and beyond in the late 1970s. I don't know if more recent
developments have obscured them.

I used to go to Finsbury Park on Sundays by that route, but they only
run Mondays to Fridays now.