Old September 22nd 07, 09:08 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Nick Leverton Nick Leverton is offline

Default Shoreditch

In article .com,
Mizter T wrote:
On 21 Sep, 10:12, Nick Leverton wrote:

There are some pics and a few notes on Blackfriars Bridge goods and
passenger stations at Nick Catford's Disused Stations site:
http://www.subbrit.org.uk/sb-sites/s...friars_bridge/
and on the Disused Railways fotopic site:
http://disused-rlys.fotopic.net/c963559.html
and Loveplums:
http://www.loveplums.co.uk/Tube/Blac...ghborough.html

Welcome to the wonderful world of confusion! OK, this is a critical
distinction here - the now gone Blackfriars Bridge station is a
*different* station to the Blackfriars station (Charing Cross railway)
that we are referring to.

*snips*

The station facade on Blackfriars Road that we are talking about is
that of the first station in the above list!

Just so, and thanks for the additional notes. I think the sites I
linked to all feature that station - that was certainly my intention -
although admittedly some of them cover the entire line and hence also
show the later Blackfriars north of the River !

mode=Sellers

It's all rather confusing really.

/mode

Nick
--
Serendipity: http://www.leverton.org/blosxom (last update 9th Sep 2007)

"The Internet, an ersatz counterfeit of real life"