Old September 22nd 07, 09:07 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default 1938 Stock Tube Tours

In article ,
(Clive.) wrote:

In message ,
Colin Rosenstiel writes
6 car in the peaks. I think they may have used 3-car 38TS off-peak but
with compressor rules by then they may have run 6 cars all day.
Standard stock ran as 2 car off-peak, 6 car peak.

Yes, I well remember the two compressor minimum rule, or out of
service at the nearest point. However, a two car train implies a
"A" and a "D" coupled together, neither of which carried
compressors, what happened in these circumstances?

The standard stock 2 car units were a motor and a control trailer. The
motor car had a compressor which was thought to be enough in those days.
It wasn;t one of those unreliable under-floor trolleybus compressors
either.

--
Colin Rosenstiel