Old September 23rd 07, 12:13 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default 1938 Stock Tube Tours

In article ,
(Clive.) wrote:

In message ,
Colin Rosenstiel writes
The Northern main line had 7 car trains, with M-T-T-M four car units

This is definitely wrong. Each four car set comprised a driving
motor, a non-driving motor, a trailer double compressor and a
driving motor car. Your setup implies only four motor cars per
train, but there were definitely five. I don't know where your
info comes from, but I worked on them and I know I'm right.

Yes, sorry, brain fade. The 1938 TS had only one traction motor per bogie
so fewer trailers. I means M-NDM-T-M of course.

The trailers mainly had one compressor, though, didn't they? They only
added a second where a 4 car unit had to be able to run alone.

--
Colin Rosenstiel