Old September 25th 07, 05:16 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Neil Williams Neil Williams is offline

Default Scenic bus routes

On Tue, 25 Sep 2007 00:35:39 +0100, Barry Salter
wrote:

And on the subject of Denham and anomalies, who's going to decide what
counts as a "local" bus service for the purposes of free bus travel for
over 60s from next April?

One would assume that the legal definition will apply - that it must
be a registered local stage carriage service rather than a coach
service. The former receives fuel duty rebate, the latter doesn't, so
the definition is already there, though I believe some bus companies
take the **** by registering a long route as two separate ones even
though it operates as one.

Neil

--