Old September 25th 07, 04:45 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Terry Paul Terry is offline

Default Maps, with some observations and some questions

In message , Mr Thant
writes

Tom Anderson wrote:

But since we know that there was a link from the mainline to this
line, the story about the GN&CR being hobbled by terminating in deep
platforms doesn't quite make sense, and i'm confused all over again.

The connection wasn't suitable for regular use, although I'd love if
anyone had info on its exact nature.

Surely the link was *designed* for regular use - it just never got used
in regular service because of the abandonment of the Northern Heights
scheme? IIRC only one of the two ramps between Drayton Park to Finsbury
Park High Level was completed, with a fairly steepish incline of 1:50 -
the other would have been 1:45.

--
Paul Terry