Old September 25th 07, 05:14 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Tom Anderson Tom Anderson is offline

Default Shepherd's Bush WLL again

On Tue, 25 Sep 2007, Mr Thant wrote:

Tom Anderson wrote:

So is the NLR not going to count as National Rail?

Yes and no. My interpretation is the NLR half will be 100% National Rail
service, but the ELR half will work like a tube service that runs onto
National Rail tracks at the ends (which was what it was going to be
before the recent invention of Overground). Thus, as I understand it:

- All NLR stations are National Rail stations and have the arrows;
- ELR stations currently on the National Rail network retain their arrows,
because other TOCs may still stop;
- But: ELR stations not on the National Rail network (Surrey Quays to Dalston
Junction) won't have arrows.

Oh christ.

More he
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/corporate/...ardIssue03.pdf

That certainly seems to say what you're saying.

The highway sign on page 7.1 is rather surprising!

If TfL are going to be so keen on signs, perhaps they could send someone
to sort out the signing of the exits at Old Street? They're numbered, and
there are plenty of signs pointing to each numbered exit, but the only
signs indicating where each number leads to *are at the exits themselves*,
so unless you know them, you're reduced to wandering round until you find
the right exit. Makes me insane with rage every time i go there!

tom

--
Wikipedia topics: lists of trains, Mortal Kombat characters, one-time
villains from Mario games, road intersections, boring suburban schools,