Old September 26th 07, 08:27 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Scott Paul Scott is offline

Default Shepherd's Bush WLL again

"Tom Anderson" wrote in message
h.li...
On Tue, 25 Sep 2007, Paul Scott wrote:

That should be ok, isn't the convention TfL have decided upon that the NR
and 'Overground' logos will both be used outside the station if NR
services
(Southern) also stop there?

So is the NLR not going to count as National Rail? I had this vague idea
that it was essentially franchised to TfL, which is then conceeding it to
Laing MTR, so although it would be part of the London Overground, it would
also be part of National Rail. Bit like the futile system of old, where
the king grants fiefs to dukes, dukes sub-grant bits of them to barons,
etc. It's going to be run along NR lines in technical, operational, etc
terms, no?

The NLL has to remain under NR control for the current freight services and
empty passenger stock moves. There are also possible future passenger
connections from the WCML into St Pancras and direct connection for freight
trains into HS1(CTRL) at the London tunnel portal.

They don't seem to be saying that it is necessary to have a National Rail
passenger service to keep the 'NR' logo, as I suggested earlier, but only to
be part of the NR network, or ownership. However I reckon this could be
quite misleading as presumably people will expect to see main line passenger
services wherever the NR logo is found...

If the NLR had been the only user of the route, it would probably have
suited Network Rail to transfer the infrastructure to LU. But even then
things can move exceedingly slowly - didn't it take about 35 years for the
East Putney to Wimbledon section to be transferred to LU?

Paul S