Old September 26th 07, 10:28 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Tom Anderson Tom Anderson is offline

Default So why do they keep closing Kings X?

On Tue, 25 Sep 2007, Steve Fitzgerald wrote:

In message , Paul Corfield
writes

The escalators and platforms have not been rebuilt though. Yes there is
more ticket hall and upper level circulation but not below. I would
guess that tonight's problems were caused by the signal failure at Arnos
Grove on the Piccadilly Line which will have caused huge problems as the
service would fall to bits with a failure at such a crucial point on the
line.

It did.

We were blocking back to Knightsbridge at one point, then a number of
'interesting' reversals (E to W at Kings X and Hyde Park Corner for two)
were made to attempt to thin out the service. At one point, they were
detraining trains through the one in front.

Sounds like fun!

I arrived at Euston just after it closed. I was then part of the exodus
down Euston Road to Warren Street, and was pleasantly surprised to find
that that was still open.

Of course, Arsenal_playing_at_home didn't help any.

Indeed. Arsenal FC should either stump up the cash for the improvements
needed to get their fans in and out of the stadium without ****ing
everyone else over, or move out, or close down. It's frankly insulting
that they continue to just dump tens of thousands of people in my
neighbourhood a couple of times a week and expect us to live with it.
Drayton Park ashould be improved to be able to cope with the loads
(instead of shutting down!), and the necessary improvements at KX should
be brought forward, and Arsenal should foot the bill, end of.

tom

--
There's no future.