Old September 26th 07, 03:05 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Corfield Paul Corfield is offline

Default National Rail tickets from LUL stations

On Wed, 26 Sep 2007 03:16:08 -0700, Mr Thant
wrote:

Hi,

What are people's experiences buying unusual or long distance or
Railcard-discounted tickets at NR stations where the ticket office is
run by LUL?

Isn't this is a slightly unfair question given that LU offices, even
where there is a NR service at the location, have always had a
restricted ticket range and are not subject to the same obligations as
normal NR stations that have ticket offices? In such cases why would
one be able to buy a unusual (whatever one of those is) or long distance
ticket?

I rarely have to buy tickets but have managed to get NR tickets at
Blackhorse Road reasonably well - after the 10 minute queue for tickets
involving family groups (talk about 20 questions!) has got out of the
way.

I would also comment that I would not trust the "One" ticket office at
Walthamstow Central to sell me anything more complicated than a ticket
to Liverpool St. If I want something complex (i.e. any ticket I would
buy as I have privilege facilities and cannot book on line) I go to a
big station with a decent travel centre and try to book in advance as
the risk of a 30 minute queue when I have 10 minutes to catch a train is
far too great. Liverpool St struggled to sell me a one day PlusBus
ticket for Colchester earlier this year (on top of a normal return
ticket) - this despite the window in question having a dispenser of
PlusBus leaflets on it.

Also, any luck getting Railcard-discounted Day Travelcards
at ordinary LUL stations?

Not applicable in this case.

Why are you asking the questions?
--