Old September 27th 07, 12:38 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Nicola Redwood Nicola Redwood is offline

Default Lack of available trains

"Richard J." wrote in message
.uk...
tim..... wrote:
"MaxB" wrote in message
ups.com...
This wonderful phrase is currently being applied to the Circle,
District and H&C non-service. Does anyone know why?

Did they really say that?

Surely it's a tautology. The trains are unavailable because
there is a lack of them.

I think you are confused. There is no lack of trains, but there is a
severe lack of trains that are available for service. The trains are
unavailable because of an alleged safety-related defect. "Lack of
available trains" seems to me to be a perfectly clear non-tautological
phrase.

--
Richard J.

The best announcements I've heard whilst waiting for a Circle line train for
some time at Edgware Rd were "we cannot find the driver" and "the driver
hasn't finished his tea break" Full support for the finishing tea break
driver
I got so fed up I switched to getting the Bakerloo line to and from
Paddington