Old September 27th 07, 12:17 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Tom Anderson Tom Anderson is offline

Default Lack of available trains

On Thu, 27 Sep 2007, John B wrote:

On 27 Sep, 06:31, (Neil Williams)
wrote:

Just when I visit the place for the first time in several years...
what surprises will today bring?

No service at all on the Wimbleware, Circle or Hammersmith and ****ty,
if the BBC is anything to go by.

We know A-stock can get between Liverpool Street and Aldgate East
(because that's how units get to and from the ELL) - so why can LUL not
divert [some of] the Met service from Aldgate to join up with the
District?

The usual panoply of reasons:

- A stock drivers don't have route knowledge beyond Aldgate Junction (do
they?)

- Where would you reverse? A stock can get to Aldgate East, but there are
apparently infringements at Whitechapel, so they'd have to reverse using
the trailing crossover which apparently lies just east of Aldgate East; i
have no idea if it's signalled to make that easy, and even if it is,
that's a reverse on a running line.

- It might be enough additional time that you'd need more trains and
drivers, which might not be available.

- Er ...

- That's it.

tom

--
The future will accost us with boob-slapping ferocity. -- H. G. Wells