Old September 28th 07, 08:52 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Boltar Boltar is offline

Default Overcrowding at Kings Cross St Pancras

On Sep 28, 12:48 am, Mizter T wrote:
for a second - that he shut up however. He's a contributor to this
newsgroup of some pedigree and it's all the richer for his presence,

Well thats a first

public money. However other metro systems around the world are more
heavily subsidised, and have also benefited from a constant investment
over the years - LU meanwhile is catching up on years of under-
investment. This is a far broader question of politics and policy.

True up to a point , but LU seems IMO to spend its money in the wrong
areas. New trains for example. What was the poing of buying shiny new
trains for the northern line when the signalling is+ on its last legs?
No one cares whether the train is new if they're stuck in a tunnel
with 1000 other people because of yet another signal failure (not to
mention the fact that the old 59 stock was more comfortable anyway but
thats another matter). They should have fixed the signalling first
*then* if there was any money left over buy new trains. Same for the
piccadilly line , yes , nice refurbs , but do I care about the paint
job when I'm stuck in a tunnel? No. Fix the damn signalling please and
worry about the asthetics later!

B2003