Old September 28th 07, 03:38 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Boltar Boltar is offline

Default Overcrowding at Kings Cross St Pancras

On Sep 28, 2:55 pm, Mizter T wrote:
You're evidence that "says it all" is hardly very precise. (a) You've
an "apparent" claim regarding the most expensive metro, yet don't back
it up with evidence. (b) Whilst 5+ minutes wait in central London at

My latest monthly travelcard was 127 quid (minus the not
inconsiderable number of refund vouchers I'd received). I visited Kiev
last month, a monthly travelcard for the whole system there was the
equivalent of 3 quid. Even taking into account lower wages there
(probably a 5th to 10th of the UK) its still bloody cheap. Paris is
cheap too and so is NYC though I can't remember the exact costs.

rush hour is far from ideal it's also far from the norm - the

BS. Do you ever travel in the rush hour? Its *very* often the norm on
the lines I use - Circle/Met , Northern and Piccadilly. This morning
there were probably 100 people waiting on the platform because of yet
another cancellation and then once the train had arrived we went
halfway to the next station and stopped for 3 or 4 minutes. No
information from Mr Driver of course , probably too busy writing a fan
letter to Uncle Bob.

performance data would not back up your claim that it's "farcical".

Your case is far from proven.

I don't need to prove it to anyone , I use the system every day. My
own personal experience is enough for me.

B2003