Old September 28th 07, 06:16 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Dr Ivan D. Reid Dr Ivan D. Reid is offline

Default Lighting Blackwall Tunnel

On Fri, 28 Sep 2007 17:45:13 +0100, John Rowland

wrote in :
stuart noble wrote:
I'm concerned about the lighting in the underpass just before the
tunnel coming south. At around 17.00 when the sun is shining I find I
can see nothing for a couple of seconds until my eyes have adjusted,
so I have to grit my teeth and pray there isn't a queue in the
underpass.

Why don't you just slow down?

Should do, from today:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.../nsmoke128.xml

"Other additions include drivers being advised to stop if they are dazzled
by the sun."

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/TravelAn...code/DG_069855
"93 Slow down, and if necessary stop, if you are dazzled by bright sunlight."

--
Ivan Reid, School of Engineering & Design, _____________ CMS Collaboration,
Brunel University. ] Room 40-1-B12, CERN